Planning a major event needs some excellent decision-making skills. Food is a huge element in all events. It requires meticulous planning to get the best results. Party food takes a huge amount of your energy and time. That is why most people choose to hire a catering service.
When you hire a catering service, one of the most crucial food decisions you will have to make is whether you want drop-off catering or full-service catering.
So, what is the difference between the two? Which option is ideal for your party? Before you hire catering in Cape Coral FL, here are several things you should know about the two options:
- Drop-off catering is usually ideal for minor events. This includes small get-togethers, graduation parties, birthday parties, and corporate events.
- You’ve got a huge variety of options for the menu. The dishes are prepared fresh and dropped off at the venue. The catering company will help with the initial set up and the host can take over after.
- Regular drop-off catering will provide a buffet menu. Therefore, the guests can move around and interact with other people.
- It might not be best for bigger gatherings since you might have to look for an extremely huge venue to enable free movement of the guests.
- Drop-off catering enables guests to choose what they want to eat. They can enjoy interacting with other guests and can be more mobile.
- When it comes to cleaning, serving, and arrangements, the host will be the one responsible for these things.
- This type of catering service is ideal for major events, such as weddings.
- The host will have dedicated workers for all tasks, from cleaning to serving.
- There are more options on the menu. Because they will prepare the food on-site, the caterer can offer a bigger variety of menu options that they can cook and serve hot to the guests. Usually, this isn’t available with drop-off catering.
- The company will prepare the food area and will not leave until they serve the last guest. You will have dedicated people for everything. This includes bartending, food serving, and more. You will not have to do anything from beginning to end because their employees will handle all elements of the food for the event.
- It enables more flexibility in the schedule of meal service. With full-service catering, you’ll have more manpower to work with. This enables you to provide food for a longer period. You’ll benefit from full-service catering and provide a great dining experience to your guests.
- It can accommodate a bigger group of people. They can handle a bigger audience. The reason for this is that they’ve got the staff and resources.
Both the options come with their pros and cons. However, to make things simple, the key factors to consider will be the type of menu you want, the size of the party venue, and the number of guests. Fortunately, a reliable catering company can help you choose the best option for you.